Sunday, July 17, 2011

no more coffee...boohoo

When I was told I had Hashimoto's disease and started to read up on it, I thought giving up tea and caffeine meant decaf coffee was okay so I have been drinking decaf coffee ever since. Well, I recently read that coffee( due to the acid) is not good, especially if you suffer from gut inflammation, which I definitely do...so I am back to Bengal Spice tea with almond milk...a version of chai tea that I love so it isn't all bad. What I have learned the most is that I have to be willing to give up and give up and give up in order to feel better and be healthier with this crazy disease that I have. I always remind myself that it could be worse. I am glad I know what I have and can eliminate substances and go on with my life...a life that is pretty darn great!

No comments: