Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Every time I think I know which foods are not my friends...

I sometimes wonder when it will end...this quest to find the best for me to ingest. Well, I started out googling my symptoms out of frustration, then doctor visit after doctor visit and finally a determination that I have thyroid disease and Hashimoto's disease which changed my life forever...for the better.

I gave up gluten then on and on and on I went...eliminating foods that are not my friends...foods that do not work for my insides.

Bascially I eat vegetables, vegetables, vegetables...but I will eat some fish, and chicken, and meat at times...fruit is still not my friend, I guess, but that's okay.

I was inspired by Joe Cross and his documentary FAT, SICK, AND NEARLY DEAD. I don't know about the juicing, but the empasis on mostly vegetables hit home...I began to realize I worked for years finding gluten free alternatives and less on gluten free choices that are nutritionally beneficial...duh...vegetables! I feel the best when I ingest them.

I am staying away from nuts again...don't seem to agree with me. So what DO I eat??? Vegetables, but not potatoes, tomatoes, or peppers because they can cause inflamation and that excites my Hashimoto's autoimmune disease. I also make my own buckwheat flatbread for my bread eating. I like seeds too.

Well, that's enough for now. I feel good...really!

No comments: