Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pecan cookies...yum


I seldom bake anymore, I just don't eat sweets very often and don't feel like trying recipes etc...but I saw a recipe on the back of the King Ranch pecan bag and wanted to try it, I adapted it, of course...so here it is...and WOW...yummy!

1 cup Spectrum shortening
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups Bob's Redmill GF flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups finely chopped pecans

roll into 1 inch balls and bake at 325 deg. for 20 min. don't overbake cool and then roll in powdered sugar, if desired.

I rolled them in powdered sugar but next time I am not going to...they are that good on their own...YUM

(it says for chocolate ones you can add 1/4 cup of cocoa...I might try that next)

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Sounds good. Pecans have a nice flavor. I'll have to see if my local store has Spectrum shortening but I guess any good quality shortening would do. I'm assuming the GF flour doesn't have baking powder in it. I guess I couldn't use my Pamela's Mix. I made blueberry/walnut muffins again.

Lynn Barry said...

YOu can use any shortening, I like Spectrum because all the others are made with soy and this one is made with palm oil.
The recipe actually calls for butter, but I do better without dairy.
As for the flour, it is a GF mix and I tossed out the wrapper so I will look online to see if there is BP in it. HUGS