Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blackbean banana buckwheat brownies

I don't have caffeine if I can help it but I did eat some of these blackbean banana buckweat brownies...yum yum!

Put these items in a food processor

1 can of drained black beans
2 bananas
1/4 cup cocoa
generous shake of cinnamon
a little salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbs. olive oil
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1 cup almond milk (or other kinds of milk)
1 tsp. vanilla

Process then add roughly chopped pecans, if desired.

Bake in greased 9X9" pan for 30 minutes. Cool, then store in the refrigerator.

I have seen many recipes for blackbean brownies but never with buckwheat flour (my latest adaptations involve using buckwheat flour, so that is what I did with this recipe). I love these. You might too. Enjoy these glutenfree, actually grainfree, eggfree, dairyfree, soyfree goodies.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

sounds super-duper healthy and good but I don't like banana in things

Lynn Barry said...

You won't even notice there is banana, honestly...it is like a piece of fudge kind of...very interesting how it all melds together and is a treat for those who have to watch what they bake with. HUGS