Sunday, January 30, 2011

Buckwheatpete.com



When I began this gluten free journey, one of the first sites I discovered was Buckwheat Pete's. I bought his e-cookbook and set about to learn the breadmaking technique he believed in. Well, I enjoyed it but started other cooking and baking attempts and got to buying gluten free products so I must have lost the site and the print out of the process after that.
The other day I decided to get in contact again and ordered another e-cookbook from Buckwheat Pete since I am concentrating on buckwheat and not grains now that I know it is helping me with my automimmune disease, Hashimoto's. The book does include recipes with rice flour but I am trying to stay away from grains and buckwheat is not a grain.
I made a loaf of buckwheat bread by Pete's process this afternoon and was so pleased. It was a lot of fun for me too. I won't share the recipe and process but if you are interested hop on down to buckwheatpete.com and check it out. Enjoy the pics.
PS I used buckwheat flour and tapioca starch flour, salt, and the baking powder per ingredient list, but substituted olive oil for the sunflower oil and Agave syrup for the honey.

No comments: