Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Carob GF CF EF microwave snack cake


I was in the mood for a treat so I looked in the cupboard and saw my can of Chatfield carob powder, so aha I grabbed it and went with it...I adapted the cake recipe on the back AND used the microwave instead of baking it in the oven.

1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
1/4 cup carob powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup of Agave syrup
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tab. apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
6 Tab. olive oil
1 cup almond milk

Mix well, then I added sliced almonds to the batter and then poured into a greased glass pie plate. I microwaved it for 6 minutes then cooled it on a wire rack. Instead of frosting it I put some (no sugar added) Raspberry Jelly on top.

It amazed me that this treat had a light texture I have missed...it looks like cake and tastes like cake but if you analyze the ingredients it is actually good for you too. WIN WIN!

No comments: