Saturday, February 12, 2011

buckwheat pancakes and more


I am going crazy with buckwheat and loving it...going grain-free with an occasional serving of rice now and then as the exception I am embracing the non-grain buckwheat like it is my saving grace. I made pancakes again except this time I tweaked it...here it is...yum! Ycan eat them as pancakes or like flatbread make a sandwich with them...very versatile...bag them, store them to eat another day.

mix
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tabs of tapioca flour
1 cup almond milk
2 Tabs of Agave syrup
2 Tabs of olive oil

Whisk it all together and pour onto greased medium heated griddle...cook until some bubbles form. then flip over but spray the griddle while flipping so it won't stick...cool on a wire rack. ENJOY!

Yes, grain-free is the way for me and avoiding foods that cause inflammation too...so add potatoes and tomatoes and peppers to my longgggggggggg list of foods that are not my friends. i have Hashimoto's which is an autoimmune disease and am on meds for hypothyroidism and want to feel the best I can feel...SO GLAD I KNOW WHAT I AM UP AGAINST FINALLY!

HUGS

No comments: