Friday, February 25, 2011

Pasta machine buckwheat pasta


Hubby found a pasta machine in Bed Bath And Beyond so tonight I made some buckwheat fettucini noodles. I am very pleased.

Two cups of buckwheat flour and 1/2 cup water. Mix and knead for about ten minutes. Work through the roller as per pasta machine instructions, then boil for a few minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.

I melted cheddar flavored Daiya alternative cheese in hemp milk. When melted I added the pasta and topped with crushed potato chips. delish! I will bake it tomorrow to make it more like a casserole to meld the flavors.

I continue to take my Levoxyl for hypothyroidism before bed, it works for me.

buckwheat this and buckwheat that...works for me. Imagine That!

PS why make my own? A package of buckwheat noodles cost me $8...too expensive...and making it is fun!

No comments: