Wednesday, March 26, 2008

How do you know when a food is not your friend?


How do you know when a food is not your friend?

This sounds childish, but some foods do not sit well in some people.

I have eliminated so many food items, but once in a while I slip back into using sugar...and I slip until I notice how out of control it always makes me feel...more more more... this past week with Easter candy buying I slipped. I got into Swedish fish and jelly beans and I was right back to my old ways of needing to rush out to get some every day because they were kind of like calling to me...I hated the way it made me feel and I knew I could not eat a couple, smile, and go about my bizness...NO...I have to keep eating it and eating it until they are gone and I feel like crapola.

SO...I had a bag of Swedish fish stashed and I took it and gave it to my dad when we met for lunch. I have been doing so well, I don't want to go backwards...so I face it all the time that some foods are not my friends... and sugar is def the enemy...

4 comments:

Flamenco Mom said...

I had a similar experience this weekend, with cheesecake--and it's taken me days to start feeling better. Yuck!

Lynn Barry said...

Flamenco mom,
It takes its toll and you end up realizing it isn't worth it for those few moments of taster's joy.
HUGS

Unknown said...

My thing is those little Mexican cookies. The last time Jim bought some, I ate 5, and had a "wheat hangover" for 2 days. That was enough for me to say, No More.

Lynn Barry said...

fab,
I know I know...it ain't worth it, but we are weak at times and temptation is strong..HUGS