Thursday, July 17, 2008

Italian sausage and shrimp pasta


I grilled some Italian sausage (then cut into small pieces) and cooked a spaghetti squash, thawed some cooked shrimp, boiled some corn pasta and put it all together in a bowl. Then I sauteed zuccini, broccoli, celery, onion and garlic in a pan in oil. I did add a pat of butter but it was probably not needed. I added cracked pepper. I mixed everything together, covered it and baked for about 30-40 min. in a 350 deg. oven. The flavors were delish.

BTW I think all the almond milk is making my nails grow faster and stronger...yowza! I actually HAVE to file them down...nice!

Read THE ALMOST MOON by Alice Sebold...I had already read LUCKY and THE LOVELY BONES by her and this one has a dark theme as well...with her brilliant ability to find humor in the dark.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to have to dig out my copy of The Almost Moon. I have had it for about a year and never got around to it. Thanks for the nudge.

Lynn Barry said...

I was surprised when I went to leave a review for the book at Amazon a lot of the reviews were negative. I think you have to read the book with an open mind that it is about people with mental illness issues...of course it is going to be over the top...enjoy! Can't wait to hear what you think. HUGS