Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New book started...


I started writing my seventh novel. YEAH for ME! Sometimes all you have to do is look out your window for inspiration and that is what jumpstarted this one...I looked out the window and saw something that bothered me and wouldn't let go of it so I am spinning what bothers me into a fictional tale. That's the long and short of it for any of you who thought it was more complicated than that, it isn't.

Now, I am breaking my neck to look out the window and may have to shut the window and draw the curtains closed so I can concentrate...I hate when I am not working on a book, so you might say I am feeling good...

Nothing new to report on the food front today...just a sittin' by my window tapping away at the keyboard...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What do you write about?

Lynn Barry said...

Hi Cateepoo!

My books are about people trying to make sense of their lots in life...I guess that is the best way for me to sum up what comes out of me...go to www.lynnbarry.com
Thanks for asking!

Unknown said...

I need to figure out how to publish a book. I am working on a gluten free recipe book, and no, I have not told anyone else, it is just scattered pieces of paper right now that I write down things whenever I get a slow minute at work. But, I have got a sort of outline and know what I want to put in it, what do I do after I get it all written down???

Lynn Barry said...

Karen,
There are oodles and oodles of companies out there these days to help you get a book published. Even Amazon has their own publishing company now, just go to Amazon.com to find out about it. You can pay to have your book published, you can get in with a POD company and not have to pay but have to do all the marketing yourself, and you can get an agent (no easy task)and get into the kind of publishing companies that market it for you.
Good luck and if there is anything I can do by way of advice I would be happy to tell you what I have learned. HUGS