Monday, September 14, 2009

Out of Almond milk, use water for pancakes


Well...I thought about having pancakes, but was out of almond milk. There was a time when I made my own almond milk, but the store bought ones are so much creamier and well, tastier so I thought...heck, use water instead and see what happens...I liked the results...more crepe-like...

one cup Bob's Redmill baking mix
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (or less)
2 TB sugar
1 cup water
a little vanilla

You know, I was supposed to put oil in the recipe and forgot to, but it didn't need it...ha!

greased griddle med-hot heat...voila!

I sprinkled them with cinnamon sugar and ate them that way, I find maple syrup does not agree with me...too much fructose I think.

You can roll them up too...I am going to try them later minus the sugar for a flatbread to use for wraps etc.

Happy experimenting! HUGS

No comments: