Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tea and cake



I had a sip from a bottle of peppermint water and thought, I can make that. So I boiled four cups of water and put one peppermint tea bag in it. I chill this and have four cups of peppermint water when I want it.

Then I baked a cake (adapted recipe from the Internet of course) and nibbled on tea and cake...very British...in keeping with our new housemate, Gonzo the Chinese Water Dragon. Hubby and I are housesitting for Gonzo for Brad when he goes to college. Gonzo reminds me of the Geico gecko and I half expect it to stand on its hindquarters and speak with a British accent. HA!

350 degrees for about 30 minutes
I just mixed all the ingredients right in a 9X9 pan

2 1/2 cups Bob's Gluten free baking mix
2 tsp Xanthan gum
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
5 tsps baking powder
3/4 orange juice
7 Tab. oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla

1 comment:

Lynn said...

This sounds good and doable. Last time I bought the xanthan gum I never ended up using it.