Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Back to buckwheat this time hemp pancakes


I have such a great time experimenting with my buckwheat cooking and baking...here is my latest.


Blueberry buckwheat pancakes with hemp milk


I cup buckwheat flour

I 1/2 cups hemp milk

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. sea salt

2 generous squirts-2 TB of Agave syrup

1 TB olive oil

2 TB tapioca flour


Whip up and cook on medium (a little towards the med.-high range will brown them) lightly greased griddle, cool on wire rack. I bag up the leftovers and use for pancakes or flatbread at a later date.


I put a large spoonful of frozen blueberries on a plate and pour real maple syrup over them, microwave for a minute and top with two pancakes...oh man, it is like I am having a fancy dessert...I LOVE IT! You will too.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn,

It seems we have more in common than you know. I have Celiac Disease too! Also, radiation destroyed the left side of my thyroid. Talk about sisterhood.

S

Lynn Barry said...

OMG New to...I got goosebumps! so glad to meet you. I don't have celiacs, but am gluten intolerant. I have the autoimmune disease called Hashimoto's. WOW...this is awesome. Lots of connecting for many reasons. HUGS