Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Chicken stir fry

Went to my endocrinologist yesterday. She upped my Synthroid dose and suggested I lost weigh by lowering my carb intake and exercising more. SOOOOOOO...I started a daily journal, writing down everything I eat and drink. With all the things I don't eat and drink I felt frustrated at first, but okay after I relaxed about it. It is time. Sure my quality of life has greatly improved over the past few years of finding out what I should eliminate, but I am still overweight. Time...day one is going okay. I feel good, not deprived. Day one...

I made chicken stir fry for dinner. I had three cooked skinless, boneless chicken breasts. I cut them up. Made Jasmine rice. Stir fried garlic, onion, carrots, celery, cashews and mushrooms; at the end I added the chicken and sea salt and pepper.

I thought I took a picture on my cell phone, but I must not have saved it. Believe me, it was delicious, and very colorful.

Instead of having more than one serving I am trying to stop after one plateful.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I guess that's what does us in. All those little extra servings we give ourselves. I'm making muffins right now and for sure I'll eat two because they are so good when they first come out of the oven and how can I not add butter? Stick to it. I have done food diaries before. They do help.

Lynn Barry said...

Thanks Lynn...you mentioned too many starches and you were right on...thanks! How were the muffins?

Lynn said...

The muffins were too good. I think I should try almond butter, maybe I can get it at Whole Foods.