Saturday, October 17, 2009

Veggie pancakes...yum!

I try blueberry pancakes and apple slice pancakes; thinking I'm doing something healthy for my insides...and I probably am...BUT I just don't digest fruity things as well as I do veggie things...SO...I found a recipe for Vegetables Pancakes at mrbreakfast.com so I tried it; adapted, of course.

My way...VEGGIE PANCAKES

Mix:
1 cup Bob's Redmill GF FLour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Pinch of pepper

Process in food processor the following:
I peeled raw baking potato
1 peeled carrot
onion (as much or little as you like)

Add veggies to dry mix, then I added 1 cup of almond milk INSTEAD of the 2 eggs in the recipe on mrbreakfast.com

Cook on an oil sprayed griddle, flip and enjoy!

I ate them plain but am already thinking any kind of white sauce or hot sauce might be a nice topper for variety.


I went to see WHIP IT and recommend it. For me it was an enjoyable movie with the message, "Do what you love to do" AND parents should support and encourage their kid's dreams. The roller derby scenes ROCKED! Love that Ellen Page!

No comments: