Saturday, September 6, 2008

GF Mexican meatballs


Hubby saw a recipe in a magazine while we were passing the time in a waiting room and I jotted down the ingredients and tried to make it today...Mexican meatballs!

Mix together
12 oz. ground pork
one small ground zuccini
1/2 cup chopped corn chips
1/4 cups chopped onion
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp oregano
some powdered garlic
1 egg

Form into small meatballs and fry. I fried them and then baked them at 350 deg. for a while. I really can't remember how long, but I kept checking them. I served them with a side of grilled white corn tortillas, and a leftover rice, black bean, and green bean mixture that was also seasoned with oregano, cumin, and garlic.

The family enjoyed the dish. They put sour cream on their food and my son used a little salsa. I did nothing but dig in...delish dish!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now that looks like a yum yum thing to try. I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow!