Saturday, December 18, 2010

bean brownies


We had to have a new septic system put in and we got to talking to the man who put it in and he recently learned he is celiac and he told us his wife makes great black bean brownies. I had not heard of that before. I am not eating sweets but the other day my curiosity got the best of me. I didn't have black beans but had kidney beans so googled kidney bean brownies and stumbled on to some recipes. I tried it and am very pleased. I have been eating them for breakfast like breakfast bars...how outrageous is that? Can't remember where I found this but THANKS to the inventor of this recipe...I LOVE YOU!

1 can of beans drained and rinsed (red or black or white)
2 bananas
1/2 cup agave syrup
1/4 cup powdered carob (could use cocoa but I am staying away from caffeine)
1 TBs cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup GF oats
I threw in a handful of pecans

Process in food processor and spread in a greased 8X8 or 9X9 pan bake at 350 deg. for 30 min. Cool before cutting and store in the refrigerator.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments: