Tuesday, December 7, 2010

GF CF Veggie Burgers


While in a waiting room in a hospital I did what many do I snagged a recipe from a magazine. I wasn't proud of my self but I did it, I ripped it out and stashed it in my purse.

So what was it? A veggie burger with brown rice and chick peas. I tried it today, my way, and was pleased with the results.

I didn't have all the ingredients (what else is new?) so I used what I had.

Made a cup of brown rice, processed it with a half toasted Udi's bagel, a can of drained chick peas, cup of Daiya's cheddar cheese, then added an egg (I try to avoid eggs but I did use one), pepper and salt and then made two patties and fried on the stove top griddle until brown on both sides. I like it!

I took the rest of the mixture and baked it like a meat loaf...will post how that came out tomorrow.

No comments: