Saturday, December 11, 2010

Bean soup, DF Cheesy polenta, brown rice grits pudding

Had one of those chilly day cookathons...soaked beans and made bean soup...then later made brown rice grits pudding with apple molasses...and finished off with DF cheesy polenta. Added a tossed salad which made for a fabulous dinner, if I do say so myself.

For the bean soup I used chicken broth instead of water and it gave it great flavor. It had beans, broth, cut up carrots, celery, and onion and last but not least chunks of ham.

The rice grits recipe was on the side of the package and I used the variation that eliminated milk and eggs replacing it with water. Instead of honey I used apple molasses. I also added cinnamon and nutmeg. It was quite good.

Wanting to add something else to the roundup I searched my cupboards and found some polenta corn grits so Bingo...that is what I made next. I thought it would taste good with my Daiya cheddar flavored DF cheese and I was right, it did. Kind of a mac and cheese kind of thing only corny.

Well, that's my entry for today. Here's to HAPPY COOKING the foods you can safely enjoy and learning to love it!

No comments: