Saturday, April 5, 2008

GFCF Chex Mix and more...


Now that I have a box of Chex Mix I can eat I was craving some kind of Chex Mix snack. On the side of the box there is a recipe for a sweet mix that I had fun adapting for my needs.It is mighty tasty and even Satan (see post below) approves.

Put 4 cups of Chex Mix in a microwaveable bowl

Take 1 TB. Spectrum shortening and 1 TB. sugar and about 1 TB. black strap molasses and 1/2 tsp. vanilla and about 1 TB. water...microwave for about 2-3 min.

Pour mixture over Chex and then microwave for about 3 min. STIRRING after each minute. Spread out on paper towels to dry. Enjoy.

---------------------------------------

Another good find today was baking meat instead of pan frying it. I looked in the fridge and there was enough ground beef for about two patties, one pork chop, and about 6 strips of bacon. So I set the oven on 350 deg. and put the meats, salt and peppered, in pie pans and into the oven. The patties were done in about 15-20 min., but the pork items took longer, I kept checking them until cooked through.
When Satan wanted lunch I took one of the baked patties, put some of the bacon on top, and then a slice of cheese and nuked it for 30 seconds...he was in bacon cheeseburger heaven, he was thrilled.

Happy Saturday, or whatever day it is you might be reading this on.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been reading all about these Rice Chex all over the gluten free world. I want some! It is so funny how the little things get us so excited.

Did you use anything other than the Rice Chex in your chex mix? I'm thinking of adding some of my home made trail mix to it when I get some.

Lynn Barry said...

That sounds great~ I will try other things next time too...let us know. HUGS

Michelle Nelson Beaulieu said...

Eek, trail mix is only available in the states. I might have to hit up one of my USA friends to send me some!!!

Sounds like a great dinner!