Wednesday, April 16, 2008

More fun than playing with play dough...flatbread


I googled and adapted (http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/specex/msg011349195988.html) and this is what I came up with...it sure was fun making flat bread today. I felt like I was a kid again playing with playdough.

3 cups white rice flour
3 tsp. Xanthan Gum
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups warm water

Mix ingredients and then knead for 5 min.
Break into 12 pieces, roll into balls and cover with a damp cloth to rest for 10 min. Flatten into 6 inch rounds and heat on lightly greased med-high heat pan for a min. on each side. Cool on a wire rack. Use for bread, sandwich making, mini pizzas...whatever! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jasmine said...

Yum, those look savory!

Anonymous said...

These look great, must try! I am glad to see you back, I miss lurking! (sounds goofy) kt

Lynn Barry said...

I used two of these for a hamburger bun and it worked well...fun to pick up the burger for a change and not cut up the burger with a fork and bunless...good eats