Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Buckwheat Pancakes


I adapted a buckwheat pancake recipe from one by the editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine that I stumbled onto at howstuffworks.com.


First of all you make up the pancake mix and this can be used when you are in the mood for a few cakes.


Mix together the following, and store in an airtight container:

2 cups buckwheat flour

1 cup rice flour

1 cup sweet sorghum flour

2 TB sugar

4 tsp. baking powder

2 tsp. baking soda

2-3 tsp. Xanthan Gum, if desired

1 tsp. salt


Pancake recipe

Mix:

1 cup of the pancake mix

1 cup rice milk

2 TB oil

1 egg (I skipped the egg)


Cook on greased hot griddle or fry pan a couple minutes and then flip and serve with syrup or whatever you feel like having with it.


These tend to brown easily so don't be alarmed if they are dark. I enjoyed mine, I hope you enjoy yours.


I can see the ground and it is green...robins are diving onto the green stuff all over the yard. I guess they are happy the snow melted too.


I wrote 6,000 words in my latest novel over the weekend. the words were flowin'...YES!




No comments: