Saturday, May 17, 2008

Carob GF CF EF brownies


I was in the mood for eating brownies. I have not baked for me with recipes with a lot of sugar so it had been a while. But I succumbed and made some. Yum...I don't miss chocolate any more. Carob is delish and who needs chocolate...I don't.

I adapted Sandy Wifey's recipe for Vegan Brownies at Allrecipes.com.

Preheat oven to 350 deg.

Mix
2 cups white rice flour
2 tsp. Xanthan Gum
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups carob
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

Add
1 cup water
1 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla

Spread evenly into a 13 X 9 pan and bake until top is no longer shiny, 25-30 min. Cool ten min. on a wire rack before cutting into squares.

This week we had some wild asparagus hubby picked that was growing out in the yard. Oh my goodness, it doesn' get any fresher than that.

No comments: