Tuesday, May 20, 2008

More bad but good news...


I have been bloated all the time lately and frustrated...I went on this food elimination journey several years ago because of the bloatedness and a ton of other undesireable symptoms so I wondered why in the world I was bloated again...well, all these baked goods I've been baking again with sugar, could it be? I think so...So yesterday I did not have any sugar and did not have fruit and voila...I was fine...so alas I am back to not using sugar and limiting my fruit intake. I suspect fructose malabsorption..OH NO! More unfriendly substances...sounds bad, but it feels good to know so I can do something about it. I remember when I had a kidney stone that was too large to pass so I had to have it lithotripsied and I was nervous when I went to have a CTSCAN and was eating hard candy after hard candy and one thing the DR said was that the amount of stomach gas was huge and they could barely read my xray and he wanted to look into that...well, I had the stone smashed and was on to other things and other Drs so the looking into that was forgotten but I never forgot what he said about it being a problem and I had consumed an awful lot of hard candy SO...these are my findings...bad (who doesn't like sugary things???) but GOOD...I would rather feel good and skip the excessive bloating.

So I made flat bread and spread a thin layer of peanut butter on it and it was delightfully delish!

Here is my adapted recipe. I tweaked The Pratt Family's recipe.

Heat a frying pan and spray with Pam.
Mix 1 cup of rice flour
1/2 cup corn flour
2 tsp. Xanthan gum
2 tsp. baking powder
4 TB oil
1 cup rice milk
1 cup water

Plop on about 1/3 cup batter onto heated oiled pan and spread it out by jiggling pan or with a untensil. Flip over after a while. Cool on wire rack. Can be used for sandwich bread or toasted or not toasted and if you do eat sugary things pour on syrup or honey or slap on jelly...make it a pancake, for flatbread's sake. ENJOY!

Do I feel sad? Not really. When I eat sugary things and fruit, if I am honest, I have to admit I don't feel that great so no no... no no more for me. HAPPY DAY!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

where do you find corn flour? I can only find corn meal and corn starch... but no flour!